When assigning contacts to users/agents, those agents can be assigned into pre-defined roles.
Roles let everyone know who views the contact why the person is assigned to the contact quickly, without having to think about who they are or click into notes/details to read about them.
Some examples of Roles in Real Estate include
... and you will think of more/better examples that suit your organization.
When using roles, users can be assigned to contacts directly from the grid, without having to go into the contact details to make assignments - saving time, in addition to the value of categorizing.
Up to five roles can be created, but only the first three roles will show on the contact grid. As many users as you want can be assigned, but only 5 can be assigned into roles.
There is no difference in access between the different roles, a role is only a label.
To create a role, go to a contact details page (any, it does not matter) and click the +role button.
The Add Role box will appear.
The Role Name appears on the details page. The Role Name (Short) Appears on the contact grid.
If you have created a role and want to change either of its names, just click on the role and you can edit the role name and short name.
The creating of editing of Roles is only possible by users with Contact Administrator permissions. Regular users cannot create or edit roles (but they can assign other users into them when they have assignment permission).
A few considerations -
- Roles cannot be deleted once created, but they can be renamed
- Roles cannot be reordered, but they can be renamed.
- Renaming a role does not change the persons already assigned into it.
- If you assign someone to a role who is already on the contact, it will move them into the role.
- If you want to remove someone from a role and have someone else to assign into the role, just assign it to the new person specifying the role. It will put the new person into the role and move the existing person into Other Assignments. If you do NOT wish to assign someone else into the role, you will have to do it in two steps. 1) Revoke them from the role. 2) assign them without a role.